Community Tips for Halloween Safety | WJHL
JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. (WJHL) – Trick or treat night is fast approaching and News Channel 11 has spoken with the Jonesborough community about safety tips to remember for Halloween.
“Know the neighborhoods know the areas where you are tricking or dealing.” You don’t go somewhere you don’t know because you know you never know the people,” Jonesborough Police Department officer Derrick Malone said.
Below are tips from officials and the community for Halloween safety.
- Trick or treat with an adult. You can also cheat or deal with an older teenager. Adults should make sure to keep children in their line of sight at all times.
- Wear bright colors or reflective clothing. This will help inform vehicles of where you are while touring or processing in the dark.
- Stay safe when crossing the road. If your costume includes a mask, make sure it doesn’t cover your entire face so you can see where you’re going.
- Candy or a spell in familiar areas. This way you know your surroundings and the people who live there.
- Beware of people you don’t know. Don’t drive or ride in the car of someone you don’t know.
- It’s best to wait until you get home to eat your sweets. It’s so you don’t get sick before you go home.