The Hampton Community Library offers a variety of programs
Many programs are underway for spring at the Hampton Community Library, with the exception of April 15, when the library will be closed for Good Friday.
Among the offers:
• It’s a wonderful world story time, for children of all ages and abilities, takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays until May 19. Stories and Songs is at 10:00 a.m., followed by Investigate and Create, 10:15 a.m.; more stories and songs, 10:45 a.m.; parachute game, 11; other stories and songs, 11:30 a.m.; and stay and play, 11:45 a.m.
The library continues its current children’s programming mask policy: Tuesday masks are mandatory; Thursday masks are optional.
• Fluffy’s story time, featuring stories, songs and rhymes with Miss Suzy, posted on the library’s Facebook page at 7 p.m. on Sundays.
• Card Club Wednesdays, From 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. until May 25, with majority-decided card games.
• News and Views: The Post-Covid Edition, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on May 6 and June 3. Journalist Gerry Smith talks about the health impact of the pandemic, global turmoil, gas prices and more. All topic suggestions are welcome, as are new members. Meet in Activity Room 1 of the Community Center.
• Murder According to the Book: A Discussion of a Mystery Book, 6:30 p.m. April 20, featuring “The Inheritance Games” by Jennifer Barnes. Request a book online or call the library to get a copy of the book. Anyone interested in good reads is welcome to join the group.
• Betty’s Book Buzz Discussion Group, 1 p.m. April 22, with “The Vinegar Girl” by Anne Tyler. Betty’s reading group will meet at the library. Request a book online or call the library for a copy. Anyone interested in great reads is welcome to join.
• Cooks-n-Books: bite-sized treats, 6:30-8 p.m. April 28 in Great Room A at the Hampton Community Center. Check out a cookbook from the library. Prepare a dish of your choice and bring it along with the recipe to share. Then, taste all the foods. The fee is $2 to cover the cost of supplies.
For more information call 412-684-1098 or visit www.hamptoncommunitylibrary.org.